Easy turkey tetrazzini recipe that creates a creamy homemade sauce with sautéd mushrooms and leftover turkey.
- 8 oz of spaghetti noodles
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups turkey, cooked and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup evaporated milk
- 3 Tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Boil the spaghetti until al-dente and drain.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat on the stove. Remove mushrooms from pan.
- To the same stove top pan, add 2 Tablespoons of butter and fully melt. Add flour and mix until a paste. Add chicken broth and simmer until thickened. Once thickened add milk, sherry, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the homemade sauce, cooked spaghetti, turkey and mushrooms. Add to a 13×9 baking pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in a 350˚F oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Adaptations: This recipe can be made with chicken. You can also omit the mushrooms, and add peas if you prefer.
Freezer Cooking: Make the recipe as directed except do not bake it. Place in covered 13×9 covered casserole dish and freeze. Let thaw overnight and then bake as directed or until the turkey tetrazzini is bubbly around the edges.
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey tetrazzini, easy turkey tetrazzini