- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 large or 2 small Idaho potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- heavy whipping cream
- Roughly chop 1/3 cup sweet onion and 1 clove garlic. Saute them in a saucepan with 1 Tablespoon of butter using medium heat until translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Chop 2 cups of skinned carrots and 1 large or 2 small skinned Idaho potatoes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, 3 cups vegetable broth, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper to the saucepan and simmer on medium heat until the veggies are fork tender.
- Pour the veggies, broth and all, into the blender.
- Puree for 90 seconds on medium high or until until smooth and creamy. If you’d like a thinner texture, just add 1/2 – 1 cup more broth as it’s whirling.
- Blend in your heavy whipping cream right at the table.