Traditional German cucumber salad – easy and delicious side dish!
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 TB Sour Cream
- 2 TB Sugar
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and place in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onion and set aside for the next day.
- Add the salt and toss the cucumbers together. Let sit overnight in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, rinse and drain the cucumbers. Rinse again. Make sure as much moisture is gone from the cucumbers.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, sugar and vinegar.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the drained and rinsed cucumbers. Toss. Add the red onion. Toss again.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: side