Soft vegan cinnamon roll with a crunchy cinnamon sugar bottom. Topped with a sweet icing. Best served warm!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 Tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In your mixer bowl, combine 2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast with 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of warm water. Using a dough hook, mix the yeast and water together and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup melted vegan butter, 1 tsp. salt and your flax egg to the water/yeast.
- At low speed, slowly add 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour until all of the dough sticks to the hook.
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough ball with your hands until it is no longer sticky and you can make an indentation into the dough with your finger.
- Set the dough back into the mixer bowl, cover it with a towel, and set it near a warm spot for one hour.
- Next, roll the dough into a 20×16 inch rectangle.
- With a baggie on your hand, spread 1/2 soft vegan butter all over the dough, followed by a sprinkling of 1 cup dark brown sugar and 1 1/2 T. cinnamon.
- Using clean hands, roll the dough all the way up from the long side and pinch the seam closed.
- With a serrated knife, gently slice your role every 1 1/2 inches and place the rolls flat side down onto two greased 13×9 pans.
- To bake right away, set the rolls on top of the oven and turn the oven on to 375 degrees to allow the rolls to rise a bit more. Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Drizzle hot rolls with icing.
Want to make-ahead the vegan cinnamon rolls? Cover the unbaked rolls with plastic wrap, followed by foil and the lid and freeze. Take them out of the freezer the night before and set them on the counter (still covered). They will be ready to bake when you wake up. Following the baking instructions above.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: North American