Grandma’s moist zucchini cake recipe made with carrots and pineapple. You can top this recipe with powdered sugar to keep it simple or add cream cheese frosting. This golden brown cake is deliciously not too sweet and perfect with a cup of coffee for dessert (or breakfast).
- 1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup grated zucchini
- 1 Cup grated carrots
- 1/2 Cup drained pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with honey, oil and vanilla until frothy. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini in a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. Stir drained zucchini, carrots and walnuts into the batter. Add to greased medium baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top or add frosting once the cake is cool.
You can use any kind of pineapple you prefer. I liked the large chunks of pineapple with select bites, however you can used crushed pineapple if you prefer.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini cake, zucchini carrot cake