Hi – I’m Lynette. I’m the home cook, recipe tester, and photographer for Cleverly Simple. Most of my recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from my great-grandma, grandmother, and mother. And I want to share them with you.
I graduated with a BS in Education and taught for a number of years before deciding to stay at home when my son was born and start this website in 2010. Cleverly Simple displays my desire to help women who feel uninspired weave time-honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity. My recipes and projects have been featured in Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful and others.
I’m the sixth generation to live in my family’s homestead. We bought our farmhouse a few years ago and restored the family homestead completely. We’re never moving. We live 25 minutes from the grocery store, but love the quiet on our 5-acre property surrounded by fields that have been and still are being farmed by our family.
We have a dog and hope to get chickens someday. We’re just a typical family living in rural America.
Here you’ll find time-honored recipes with ingredients you’ll find at the grocery store. Most are made from scratch, some include a box mix, but all are delicious and satisfying.
After moving to the country we found that a simple home filled with tradition is possible today no matter where you live or how busy you are. Living simply can be the mindset at the moment and the kitchen is the best place to start.
Welcome to my farmhouse.
AS SEEN ON
MORE ABOUT LYNETTE
- I live in Ohio.
- I am a Buckeye Fan even though I attended Miami University (of Ohio!)
- I love Ice Cream especially Peanut Butter n’ Chip from UDF
- I once went 2 years without missing ice cream even one day.
- I have one brother and one sister.
- I am over 30 (ah!)
- My husband is a lawyer (the nice kind) and we recently renovated my family’s homestead farmhouse.
- I have two kiddos!
- I’m the sixth generation to live in our home – my kids are the seventh.
- I hate to cut coupons. But I do save money on groceries by meal planning.
- I always wanted to live in Texas so in 2004 I moved there.
- I met my husband, dated, got engaged and got married, all within 7 months.
- I break out in hives when I’m cold. (really.)
- I was on Young Life Staff for 5ish years.
- I am fascinated with the genealogy of my family and have spent a lot of time researching old records and pictures.
- I taught 6th grade Social Studies before I had my son.
- I get cranky when I’m hungry.
- I was a cheerleader in high school and our school colors were brown and gold. (it’s as purty as it sounds)
- I love breakfast and often eat it for dinner.
- I wish I had curly hair.
- I am fascinated with the Amish.
- I like to bake my own bread (in the bread machine)
- I have 5 outdoor vests in 5 different colors.
- I once lived near a beach.
- I now live surrounded by corn fields. (and that’s how I prefer it.)
CLEVERLY SIMPLE CONTRIBUTOR
Meredith is a pastor’s wife and stay-at-home mom living in NW Ohio. She loves to adapt recipes to her family’s eclectic tastes and is learning to provide nourishment for any bellies who walk through the door at a moment’s notice. If not in the kitchen, you’ll find Meredith in front of her sewing machine or spending quality time with her home and church families. Life goes by so fast! Meredith’s Recipes