Welcome to Cleverly Simple! I’m so glad you’re here!
I'm the home cook, avid DIYer, mom, and creative mind behind Cleverly Simple. With my husband and two boys, I recently moved into an 1800s farmhouse that has been in our family for generations. Now I'm making that house into a home and preserving a sense of family tradition in the process—reviving old family favorites from my Great Grandmother’s recipe box and working to maintain the homestead for the next generation. Whether I'm getting dinner on the table or redecorating a room in the farmhouse, I believe that a DIY approach and a little creativity go a long way in creating simple, smart solutions to everyday living.
If you’re new here make sure to sign up for free email updates to keep in touch.
HERE'S A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
- I live in Ohio.
- I am a Buckeye Fan even though I attended Miami University (of Ohio!)
- I love Ice Cream especially Peanut Butter n’ Chip from UDF
- I once went 1 year without missing ice cream even one day.
- I have one brother and one sister.
- I am over 30 (ah!)
- My husband is a lawyer (the nice kind) and we recently renovated my family's homestead farmhouse.
- I have two kiddos!
- I'm the sixth generation to live in our home - my kids are the seventh.
- I hate to cut coupons. But I do save money on groceries by meal planning.
- I always wanted to live in Texas so in 2004 I moved there.
- I met my husband, dated, got engaged and got married, all within 7 months.
- I break out in hives when I’m cold. (really.)
- I was on Young Life Staff for 5ish years.
- I am fascinated with the genealogy of my family and have spent a lot of time researching old records and pictures.
- I taught 6th grade Social Studies before I had my son.
- I get cranky when I’m hungry.
- I was a cheerleader in high school and our school colors were brown and gold. (it’s as purty as it sounds)
- I love breakfast and often eat it for dinner.
- I wish I had curly hair.
- I am fascinated with the Amish.
- I like to bake my own bread (in the bread machine)
- I have 5 outdoor vests in 5 different colors.
- I once lived near a beach.
- I now live surrounded by corn fields. (and that’s how I prefer it.)
CLEVERLY SIMPLE CONTRIBUTOR