Hi - I’m Lynette. I’m the sixth generation to live in my family's homestead. My desire is to help women who feel uninspired weave time honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity.
We bought our farmhouse a few years ago and restored the family homestead completely. We’re never moving. We live 25 minutes from the grocery store, but love the quiet on our 5 acre property surrounded by fields that have been and still are being farmed by our family.
We have one barn cat and hope to get chickens someday. We’re just a typical family living in rural America.
Most of my recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from my great-grandma, grandmother and mother. And I want to share them with you.
Here you’ll find time honored recipes with ingredients you’ll find at the grocery store. Most are made from scratch, some include a box mix, but all are delicious and satisfying.
After moving to the country we found that a simple home filled with tradition is possible today no matter where you live or how busy you are. Living simply can be the mindset in the moment and the kitchen is the best place to start.
Welcome to my farmhouse.
Feeling overwhelmed by the day to day chaos of life?
Connect to your roots with recipes that inspire simplicity.
In a time where we can get everything we need with the click of a button, we wonder why life continues to feel overwhelming at times.
We feel a tug towards the old fashioned, the simple, and uncomplicated.
We have a desire to preserve what our grandma brought to the dinner table, the desserts they created from scratch and the love and time they put into everything they made.
A slower way of life may not be the reality of every minute of our today. But what if we could create moments of simplicity?
That craving for an old fashioned way of life can start in the kitchen with simple ingredients and hand crafted recipes.
I believe there’s a way to enjoy today’s advances while still finding simplicity in the everyday. For me, it’s found in the kitchen with fresh purposeful recipes that remind me of home and that create traditions for our family.
Whether it’s 30 minutes before dinner or a long Sunday afternoon, we can find purpose in the making. We can grasp that little bit of peace we’ve been longing for in that simple moment of making a recipe from scratch and seeing it through to completion.
As Seen On
MORE ABOUT LYNETTE
- I live in Ohio.
- I am a Buckeye Fan even though I attended Miami University (of Ohio!)
- I love Ice Cream especially Peanut Butter n’ Chip from UDF
- I once went 2 years without missing ice cream even one day.
- I have one brother and one sister.
- I am over 30 (ah!)
- My husband is a lawyer (the nice kind) and we recently renovated my family's homestead farmhouse.
- I have two kiddos!
- I'm the sixth generation to live in our home - my kids are the seventh.
- I hate to cut coupons. But I do save money on groceries by meal planning.
- I always wanted to live in Texas so in 2004 I moved there.
- I met my husband, dated, got engaged and got married, all within 7 months.
- I break out in hives when I’m cold. (really.)
- I was on Young Life Staff for 5ish years.
- I am fascinated with the genealogy of my family and have spent a lot of time researching old records and pictures.
- I taught 6th grade Social Studies before I had my son.
- I get cranky when I’m hungry.
- I was a cheerleader in high school and our school colors were brown and gold. (it’s as purty as it sounds)
- I love breakfast and often eat it for dinner.
- I wish I had curly hair.
- I am fascinated with the Amish.
- I like to bake my own bread (in the bread machine)
- I have 5 outdoor vests in 5 different colors.
- I once lived near a beach.
- I now live surrounded by corn fields. (and that’s how I prefer it.)
CLEVERLY SIMPLE CONTRIBUTOR