This dessert recipe could not be easier! Make oven-baked s’mores dip in your favorite baking dish using fluffy marshmallows and melted chocolate, dipped with crispy graham crackers. No campfire required!
Why Oven S’mores Are Just as Good (or better) than Campfire S’mores
I love a good campfire like everyone else. But what if you could enjoy all the goodness of a good s’more without having to build that fire? It’s the perfect rich cozy dessert on a rainy and cold day. Here’s why I think you should give this oven-baked s’mores dip a try.
- Completely melt the chocolate. When you make your s’mores in the oven, you’ll find that the chocolate completely melts. You can’t say that when you make them over the campfire.
- The marshmallows melt evenly. Some of the fun in making your s’mores over the campfire is getting them just a little bit burned. Well, you can do that with this recipe. But if you like an evenly browned marshmallow that’s fully melted, then the oven is the way to go.
- Not just for graham crackers. Graham crackers hold their strength and do great to scoop up all that melted chocolate and marshmallow. HOWEVER, you can use chips, pretzel crisps, and other ideas for dipping. A juicy strawberry won’t hold up campfire s’mores – but they taste great when you dip them in this!
How To Make S’mores In The Oven
Use any size pan you want with this recipe. It works great in a small baking dish or even a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 1: Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Layer the Hershey’s Milk Chocolate on the bottom of a round or square pan that you can place in the oven.
Step 2: Top the chocolate with marshmallows to fill the pan. (Tip: Place them vertically to get more marshmallows in there.)
Step 3: Bake in a preheated 450˚ F for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Keep a close eye on it.
Let the s’mores dip cool for 10 minutes. Dig in and enjoy! And let me tell you, it’s delicious and tastes just like the s’mores you make over the fire – this is just a fun treat when it’s raining.
I have to admit; I was almost tempted to burn the marshmallows, as that’s how I love them over the campfire. Anyone else out there who loves a burnt marshmallow on their s’more?
S’Mores Dip FAQ
Graham crackers are the traditional choice. However, pretzel crisps, potato chips, gingersnaps, Ritz crackers, and even strawberries are delicious as well. Think salty with the sweet!
I like good ol’ Hershey’s. It has never let me down. However, any chocolate will do like dark chocolate or mix it up with cookie’s n’ cream chocolate. I prefer using the traditional chocolate bar; you can also use baking chips.
This recipe is RICH in flavor. Because of that I usually make this in a smaller baking dish. But if serving a crowd, a 9×13 baking dish will work as well. The only key is make sure you have enough chocolate and marshmallows to evenly layer the baking dish.
Watch This Video to See How Easy It Is To Make Smores Dip!
- 3 oz milk chocolate bars
- 25 large marshmallows
- 10 graham crackers
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 450˚ F oven and grease your baking dish.
- First Layer: Add a layer of milk chocolate to your baking dish.
- Second Layer: Place a layer of marshmallows.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 4 - 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Cool: Let cool for 10 minutes.