Salty Ritz crackers are sandwiched together with peanut butter and dipped in melted chocolate to create chocolate Ritz peanut butter cookies. This 3 ingredient no bake dessert is an easy treat for any holiday!
I committed the unforgivable last Christmas by not making chocolate Ritz peanut butter cookies for my brother to include on our holiday tray of cookies. I made up for it this past week by making them for Valentine’s day.
The best part of this super easy, no bake dessert is that they are completely customizable using different melting chocolate, sprinkles or even course salt to top them. Make them your own for any holiday – or just because!
Just 3 Ingredients
With only three ingredients, this recipe comes together quickly and easily. Just make sure to get the right kind of melting chocolate and to watch it as you microwave like you do for chocolate covered pretzels.
Ritz Crackers – Regular ol’ Ritz crackers work great, but during certain times of year you can buy them as snowflakes and other fun shapes to use with this recipe.
Melting Chocolate – You need to use melting chocolate and not semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate chips will continue to melt in your hands after cooling. While melting chocolate (also called candy melts) will harden quite quickly. Melting chocolate can be found at your nearest craft store in a variety of colors and flavors.
Peanut Butter – I prefer creamy, but crunchy works as well. Just use your favorite peanut butter for this and you are good to go!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
How to Create This Recipe
- Prep. Make Ritz peanut butter crackers by placing your desired amount of peanut butter between each pair of Ritz crackers.
- Melt. Place your melting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate together. If there are still some unmelted chocolate wafers, microave for 15 – 30 second increments stirring between each time.
- Dip and Tap. Dip the Ritz peanut butter crackers into the melted chocolate using a fork. Fully cover with chocolate and then tap against the side of the bowl to smooth chocolate and knock off any extra.
- Cool & Top. Let cool on wax paper. While still melted, add your favorite sprinkles or add swirls of other colored chocolate.
**Melting Tip: You do not want to fully melt the chocolate in the microwave. Microwave until chocolate wafers are still not melted. Stir until smooth using the heat of the melted chocolate to melt the rest.
Adaptations and Notes
- Toppings: Use colored sprinkles, course salt or swirls of colored chocolate to top your Ritz Peanut Butter crackers to make them look fancy.
- Don’t over melt the chocolate!: You do not want to use the microwave until all the chocolate looks like it is melted. It will burn. Instead, after the first minute stir for at least 20 seconds to let the chocolate naturally melt. Then microwave again if need for another 15-30 seconds. Stir for 20 seconds. The goal is for the last chocolate to melt as you stir to make sure it’s smooth and not over melted.
- Store: These store great in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature.
Chocolate Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Sleeve of Ritz Crackers about 34 crackers
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 12 oz. Melting Chocolate
- Lay out wax paper on the kitchen counter.
- Top each Ritz cracker with about 1/2 a Tablespoon of peanut butter. Top with another cracker to create a peanut butter sandwich cracker. Repeat until you have the number of peanut butter crackers you want to make.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the melting chocolate on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave at 15 – 30 second increments stirring each time until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Dip the peanut butter crackers into the melted chocolate with a fork. Tap against the sides to remove any excess chocolate and to smooth the top. Place chocolate covered cracker on wax paper to cool.
- Before fully cool, top with sprinkles or other fun additions.