Lemon. Refreshing and deliciously tart especially on a hot day. Our nights have been consumed with baseball practice and baseball games between the two boys. Therefore, I’ve been trying out new recipes that are easy to pack on the way to the ball park. These lemon poppy seed muffins do not disappoint. Made with ingredients I have on hand, they can be whipped together with no plan in place. That’s how we’re rolling this busy spring.
The crumbly topping combined with the tartness of the lemon, make these a delicious treat. Are you ready to dig into some lemon poppy seed muffins?
First, combine all the dry ingredients together.
Add in the lemon extract, vegetable oil and yogurt. Do not over mix – but mix just enough so that the batter is wet.
In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix together with your hands until crumbly.
Grab this muffin scoop if you don’t have one. It makes making muffins much less messy. Scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin. If you like bakery style muffins you’ll want to use a jumbo muffin tin, otherwise a regular muffin tin will work out just as well. This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular ones.
Sprinkle your crumble topping onto each muffin before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin. And enjoy!Print
- 2 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/8 Cup poppy seeds or less
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TB lemon extract
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar,
- 2 TB butter, melted
- Combine all dry ingredients together well.
- Add in wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix together with your hands until crumbly.
- Using a muffin scoop, scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin. Use a jumbo muffin tin for bakery style muffins or a regular muffin tin if you don’t have a jumbo. This recipe will make 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular size.
- Sprinkle a bit of the crumble topping onto each muffin before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.