Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Oh my word. These could not be easier nor more delicious for any Christmas gathering. When starting with a box of cake mix you cut out quite a few steps to make this quick recipe that aims to please! The cake mix makes these cookies light and fluffy to the point where you can’t have just one. I dare you.
To make this cake mix cookie recipe you will need lemon cake mix, all purpose flour, frozen whipped topping, lemon juice, lemon zest, an egg and powdered sugar.
Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients except for the powdered sugar. The dough will be thick and sticky.
Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Using your wet hands, drop tablespoonfuls into the sugar and swirl it around until it’s covered. Bake the balls, two inches apart for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are set.Print
Soft lemon cake mix cookies for the win!
- 1 boxed lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except powdered sugar. (Dough will be thick and sticky)
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using wet hands, drop tablespoonfuls of dough into the sugar and swirl them around until covered.
- Bake balls, 2 inches apart, for 10-12 minutes until edges are set
- Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Love lemon? You might want to give this Moist Lemon Cake Recipe a try!