I have another freezer cooking breakfast idea for you today! Unlike the breakfast burrito recipe, these Sausage and Cheese Biscuits are more “bite size” which also makes them perfect for an after school snack! I love batch cooking something like this so that I can have a hearty breakfast within a few minutes. Especially with school starting in a few weeks, I’ve been looking for ways to make our mornings simple(r).
Sausage and Cheese Biscuits
To make these sausage and cheese biscuits you will need:
4 Cups Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1 teas. Salt
1 teas. Pepper
1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Sausage, cooked and crumbled
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. In a large bowl combine the shredded hashbrowns, butter, salt and pepper. Spray your muffin tin VERY well with cooking spray and fill the cups about 3/4 of the way full with the hashbrowns. I sued my fingers to mold them to the muffin cups. It’s okay if they stick out a bit. Try to make the sides all the same thickness so they will cook evenly. You’ll also want to make sure there’s plenty of hashbrowns at the bottom of the muffin cups.
Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Take half of the shredded cheese and spring it in the bottom of the hashbrown cups. Repeat with half of the sausage crumble. Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full. Top with the second half of the cheese and sausage.
Take half of the Shredded Cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the Sausage Crumble.
Bake until the eggs are set which takes about 20 – 25 minutes. These are soooo good right out of the oven. Otherwise, I let them cool a bit and place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. After two hours, place them individually into ziploc gallon bags. They’re ready to heat up in the microwave when you’re ready to eat!
If you plan to do a lot of freezer cooking, make sure to grab these pans! You won’t find a better deal!Print
Easy sausage and cheese biscuit recipe that’s perfect for freezer cooking!
- 4 Cups Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 teas. Salt
- 1 teas. Pepper
- 8 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- In a large bowl combine the Hash browns, Butter, Salt and Pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about ¾ of the way full with the Hash browns.
- Press with your fingers to mold the Hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Don’t worry if they stick out a little. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are Hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven to 350˚.
- Take half of the Shredded Cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the Sausage Crumble.
- Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- Top with the second half of Cheese and Sausage.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
- To Freeze: Let cool and place on cookie sheet in freezer. After two hours, place them in a ziploc gallon bag until you’re ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast!
Are you going to make these Sausage and Cheese Biscuits?