Fill your freezer with delicious breakfast burritos that will be ready in minutes on busy mornings! Crispy hash browns, sausage, eggs and salsa are all you need to make a hearty healthy breakfast on the go! (Oh! And you can add cheese too.)
This school year hit us hard with the adjustments to busy schedules. And while it felt so good to be back to normal – I also realized that getting my kids to eat a good hearty breakfast before school was going to take some planning.
Table of Contents
To make this breakfast burrito you only need a few ingredients. These are classic items that will please even the most picky eaters. And of course, you can adjust these to fit your family’s needs.
- 10 inch tortillas
- hash browns
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
A big batch of breakfast burritos will take you less than 40 minutes to make and will provide 14-16 breakfasts for your family! Are you ready to get started?
- Prep & Cook: Start by browning the sausage in a skillet. Once fully cooked, set it aside. Whip the eggs together with 2 tablespoons of milk. Add to hot skillet (where you cooked the sausage) and scramble the eggs until cooked through. Set aside. Cook the hash browns in the same skillet according to package directions.
- Combine: Mix the scrambled eggs, fully cooked sausage and hash browns together. Add the salsa and mix well.
- Assemble: Add a heaping half cup of mixture to a tortilla. Top with cheese. Roll into burrito shape and add to cookie sheet. You can stack them.
- Freeze: Freeze for at least three hours. Once frozen, remove from cookie sheet and store in large storage bags in the freezer until you’re ready to reheat enjoy.
How to Roll a Burrito
I learned from watching employees at a very popular restaurant the easy way to roll burritos. Let me share with you how to get that no-leak burrito in your freezer.
- Fold in about one inch of tortilla on two sides.
- Roll over an unfolded side and tuck in around the filling making sure the folded sides stay tight.
- Continue to roll the burrito and place open side down.
How to Freeze
Once you have all your tortillas filled, put the cookie sheet in the freezer for two hours. Once frozen, stack in a freezer bag. Each gallon freezer bag holds about six burritos.
How to Reheat
When you’re ready to enjoy them, heat them up in the microwave! I microwave mine on high for 1.5 minutes, flip it upside down and microwave for an additional 1.5 minutes. The edges will dry if you leave them uncovered. If you wrap your burrito in a paper towel it will stay more moist. I personally like a crispy edge, so I let it do it’s thing.
It’s an easy breakfast on the go and you know every single ingredient in these breakfast burrito recipe! My husband just grabbed one out of the freezer this morning on his way out the door to reheat at work!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 16 10 inch tortillas
- 16 oz salsa
- 30 oz shredded hash browns
- 1 pound sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Prep & Cook: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the sausage. Set aside once fully cooked. In a bowl, whip eggs with milk. Scramble eggs in the hot skillet until fully cooked. Set aside. Follow the package directions and cook the hash browns.
- Combine: In a large bowl, mix the sausage, eggs, hash browns and salsa.
- Assemble: Add a heaping 1/2 cup of mixture to a burrito and roll it in to shape. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Freeze: Place each rolled burrito on a large baking sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Once fully frozen, move to large storage bags and return to freezer.
- Reheat: When ready to reheat, microwave for 1.5 minutes on high. Flip and microwave for an additional 1.5 minutes. To keep the burrito moist, wrap the burrito in a paper towel before reheating.