This delicious quick bread is loaded with dried apricots, oats, and nuts and baked in a flavorful batter until golden brown. It’s a hearty bread that’s perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
My husband loved the heartiness of this bread recipe. Filled with oats, nuts, and apricots it’s loaded with flavor as most vintage recipes are. What I loved most about this recipe is that it comes together really quickly as there is no yeast which means no rise time. You simply make the batter and bake.
I’ll admit, apricots are not what I have in my pantry on a regular basis. I might have to change that. This recipe looked unique and I like quick bread recipes like this nut bread recipe I’ve shared with you.
How to Make Apricot Bread
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats and nuts.
- Place eggs, apricots, and milk in a blender. Pulse until the apricots are chopped finely or to your liking. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add oil and honey. Mix until the batter is moistened. Place in well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in a preheated 350˚ F oven.
Using Honey: Because honey is used in this recipe, you’ll find that it browns much easier and quicker. I suggest putting foil on top of the bread at around 35 minutes. But if you’re like me and just let it bake, a little powdered sugar dusted on top will make it look prettier – and tastes good too!
Freezer Instructions: After baking it and letting it cool, slice and individually bag it to place in the freezer to grab and go for breakfast.
More Bread Recipes
- Irish Bread – another great quick bread!
- Simple Garlic Bread Recipe – semi-homemade and quick recipe
- Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Cup dried apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oats and nuts.
- Place milk, apricots and eggs in a blender. Pulse until apricots are chopped finely. Pour over dry ingredients.
- Add the the oil and honey. Mix until the batter is moist.
- Place batter into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for one hour at 350˚F. Check after 35 minutes to add foil to avoid over browning the top.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes and then remove from baking pan to cool. Slice and enjoy.
Did you create this?
Share it on Instagram and follow us on Pinterest for more Cleverly Simple recipes.
Leave A Reply!