Alright, so I’m a little obsessed with chocolate covered pretzels. They’re one of those things that are easy to make but you can make them all fancy dancy so it looks like you slaved in the kitchen all day. They are the epitome of Cleverly Simple.
Here’s my chocolate covered pretzels recipe. Did I mention you can make them for any holiday or function? Here’s how I decorated some for Valentine’s day.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your chocolate covered pretzels:
Snyder’s Homestyle Pretzels (they’re the best for making these!)
**Tip : Although you can use regular chocolate chips, they take much longer to dry and so therefore they are much harder to work with. You can find melting chocolates in various colors at many larger grocery stores or even craft stores. A bag is usually priced around $2.50. Although, if you can I recommend getting them at a bulk food store.
Add about 1 1/2 cups of melting chocolates to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave it for 45 – 60 seconds. Stir for a good 30 seconds. Microwave 30 seconds more. Stir for another 30 seconds.
At this point my chocolate was completely melted. The trick to using the microwave is to stop microwaving it before the chocolate completely melts. The final melting happens while you’re stirring. You can find more detailed info here.
Dip your pretzel into the melted chocolate.
Using a fork, remove the pretzel from the melted chocolate and tap it against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. It’s amazing how much chocolate falls off.
Lay the chocolate covered pretzel on wax paper to cool. Top it with sprinkles.
Or melt another color of chocolate and drizzle it. This is when we get fancy.
Let the pretzels cool.
When the pretzels are cooled, you can store them in an airtight container. You can also place a few in a candy bag with a note for Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate covered pretzels perfect for Valentine’s Day with red, white and pink melted chocolate.
- Melting Chocolates
- Snyder’s of Hanover Homestyle Pretzels
- Your choice of sprinkles (optional)
- Wax Paper
- Candy bags (optional)
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of melting chocolates to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolates for 45 – 60 seconds.
- Stir for a good 30 seconds.
- Microwave 30 seconds more.
- Stir for another 30 seconds.
- **The trick to using the microwave is to stop microwaving it before the chocolate completely melts.
- Dip your pretzel into the melted chocolate.
- Using a fork, remove the pretzel from the melted chocolate and tap it against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Lay the chocolate covered pretzel on wax paper to cool. Top it with sprinkles.
- Let the pretzels cool.
- When the pretzels are cooled, store in an airtight container.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pretzel
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 24.9
- Sodium: 125.8
- Fat: 13.7
- Carbohydrates: 30.6
- Protein: 3.2
- Cholesterol: 8.8
Keywords: chocolate covered pretzels