With school starting this week, I’ve been trying out new recipes for the slow cooker. On the foremost of my mind was a good slow cooker taco filling that could be put in the slow cooker in the morning and be ready at dinner time. Tacos to me are a great budget friendly meal that’s super easy. They’re also a big hit with my kids. Bonus points!
The first time I enjoyed this recipe was a year ago. We were visiting my husband’s family in Tennessee. My mother-n-law had this in the crockpot all day long while we took the kids from one adventure to another. I could not wait to try it that night as the smell was amazing. Of course, I asked for the recipe and now I’m sharing it with you!
4 chicken breasts
1 can of Rotel
1 can of black beans
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 packet of taco seasoning
8 oz cream cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Add chicken, Rotel, black beans, corn and taco seasoning to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for at least seven hours.
- Add the cream cheese and mix. Let cook an additional hour.
- Mix and enjoy in tortillas or hard taco shells.
Looking for another great recipe for your slow cooker? You need to try this Slow Cooker Grilled Ribs recipe!