Do you ever find yourself on pinterest looking for something unique to serve when you’re entertaining? I always want to have something fun for everyone to drink, but then don’t want it to be too complicated either. Am I the only one? If not, this blackberry lemonade is delicious! It’s super easy to make and you can make it ahead of time, which is always a winner in my book. And it’s pretty. I like pretty things.
Here’s what you need to make this blackberry lemonade beverage.
3 Cups Blackberries, Frozen
1 Cup Sugar
4 Cup Water, Divided
Get your saucepan out and add one cup of water and one cup of sugar. Heat over medium until the sugar is completely dissolved. You’ll want to be stirring this constantly. (My stove has a way of getting away from me. It heats up too quickly, so I make sure to stir, stir, stir.)
Juice the lemon. You’ll need about 1 cup of lemon juice. Combine the lemons with the sugar syrup you just made in the saucepan. Add the remaining water and stir well.
In a blender (or food processor), puree the frozen blackberries until smooth. It’s the most beautiful color! Spoon in the blackberry mixture into six tall glasses.
Pour the lemonade over the blackberry puree in the glass and stir. Serve it right away! This is one of those drinks that is for people who like pulp, if you know what I mean. The puree still has a bit of pulpiness to it, but I like that since homemade lemonade tastes that way anyways.
Enjoy this sweet drink on a hot summer night for yourself or with others!
- 3 Cups Blackberries, Frozen
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cup Water, Divided
- 4-6 Lemons
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup of water with 1 Cup Sugar and heat over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Juice the lemons; you will need about 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Combine syrup and lemon juice. Add remaining water and stir well.
- In a blender or food processor, puree frozen blackberries until smooth.
- Spoon in blackberry puree equally into the bottom of 6 glasses and pour lemonade over the blackberries.
- Stir and serve.