This traditional ramen noodle salad is a quick and simple recipe that makes a delicious, healthy lunch or side dish for a potluck. It is made in less than 15 minutes, with a homemade oriental dressing.
What is Ramen Noodle Salad?
Crunchy cabbage mixed with toasted almonds and ramen noodles combine to make this a unique and delicious salad. I love making this as a side dish for any grilled dinner or to bring to a potluck. It’s super simple to pull together.
Ramen Noodle Cabbage Salad Ingredients
There are a few unique ingredients in this recipe – and don’t leave them out! They all add to the crunch and flavor of this side dish!
- crunchy ramen noodles
- pre-cut coleslaw mix
- slivered almonds
- sunflower seeds
- green onions
- ramen beef seasonings
- vegetable oil
This is a super simple recipe, just toast, toss and serve!
Prep: Break up the Ramen noodles and toast with the almonds on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350˚ F oven. (Watch the oven, as they brown quickly!)
Combine: Whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients.
Toss: In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss together until well combined.
Make Ahead and Storing Leftovers
Yes! I prefer to make this 4 – 6 hour before serving to let the dressing really soak into the coleslaw. It’s also good when made the day before.
More Salad Recipes
- Bacon & Egg Salad with Homemade Celery Seed Dressing
- Potato Salad Recipe
- The Best Celery Seed Dressing Recipe
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 3 oz. Beef Ramen Noodles
- 16 oz. coleslaw pre-cut
- 2.25 oz slivered almonds
- 4 oz. sunflower seeds toasted
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 pkg. Ramen Beef Seasoning Packet
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- Prep: Open the ramen noodles and set aside the seasoning packet. Break up the noodles and toast with the almonds for about 10 minutes in a 350˚ F oven. Toss half way through. Let cool completely.
- Dressing: Whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl
- Combine: Toss together all ingredients including the dressing. Serve.
Did you create this?
Share it on Instagram and follow us on Pinterest for more Cleverly Simple recipes.
Comments & Reviews
Adolf Spitzbart says
Very nice – very filling
It is filling! Glad you enjoyed it!