Make this baked chicken Parmesan in 30 minutes or less! This recipe creates a crispy chicken topped with delicious tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. Serve with angel hair pasta for a complete meal.
I’m all about a quick, but nice, meal on busy weeknights. Who am I kidding – I like a quick easy meal any day of the week! Even better is a recipe that I love that’s made in 30 minutes (or less) like this baked chicken parmesan recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Crispy Chicken: The chicken bakes in a 450˚ F oven which creates a crispy crust on the chicken that is then topped with the tomato sauce.
- 30 Minute Recipe: I love how fast the recipe can be made, and my husband loves that it comes with pasta.
- Rich and Bold Sauce: You can make your own tomato sauce or go the easy route with your favorite canned tomato based sauces.
- Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan – This recipe uses the oven at a high temperature which means you will not be heating up hot oil to fry the chicken breasts.
Step by Step Instructions
- Get a large pot of water boiling. When it comes to a boil, add angel hair pasta and cook according to the directions.
- In a bowl or shallow dish, melt three tablespoons of butter. In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs and 3 Tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken breast in the butter to thoroughly coat and then submerge the buttered chicken into the bread crumbs mixture to fully cover. Add to an oven-ready pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 450° F oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until fully cooked or until the internal temperature reaches 165˚ F.
- Remove cooked breasts from oven. Spoon the tomato sauce onto the cooked breasts. Add fresh mozzarella cheese and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot over cooked spaghetti pasta and additional tomato sauce. This pairs well with a salad.
Chicken Breast Size: Some of the chicken breasts available in the grocery store are so big – I wonder how the chicken even walked. Am I the only one? For this reason, I highly recommend buying reasonably sized chicken breasts. I bought a 1.26 lb package that contained three separate breasts making them less than 7 ounces each. If you buy a large variety, one of two things needs to happen. One, you’ll need to bake them longer taking away the beautiful 30 minutes or less from this recipe. Or, two, you’ll have to cut them in half before the butter and bread crumbs mixture is applied. They will cook faster the more standard size they are supposed to be…naturally.
How to Serve: Once the cheese is melted, top the cooked pasta with some more sauce goodness and then your chicken. Your delicious meal is ready. It looks awesome. You feel awesome. And from start to finish you’re done in 30 minutes.
More Quick Dinner Ideas
- Ground Beef Casserole – Another quick dinner idea that has a tomato based sauce.
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole – Another favorite that uses beef instead of chicken.
- Chicken Imperial Recipe – A great baked chicken recipe!
What’s your favorite quick dinner recipe?
30 Minute Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 450° F. Spray your oven-ready pan with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook angel hair pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside. In a stock pan heat up the marinara sauce over medium low heat or according to package directions.
- Bowl 1: Melt the butter. Bowl 2: Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the melted butter (bowl 1) to fully coat. Then dip into the breadcrumb mixture (bowl 2).
- Place chicken in the oven ready pan. Spray the fully coated chicken with cooking spray or drizzle with additional butter. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Internal temperature should be 165˚ F.
- Remove from the oven and spoon 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each piece of chicken. Top with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Place bake into the oven to bake 3-5 additional minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve: Add angel hair pasta to a bowl and top with additional marinara sauce. Top with the baked chicken Parmesan. Serve immediately.