Easy blonde brownies made from scratch with nuts and chocolate chips. These chewy, rich delicious brownies are the perfect dessert.
Brownies are just a great delicious dessert, right? They’re simple and everyone loves them. If you’re looking for something more unique than chocolate brownies, I highly recommend checking out these blonde brownies.
Combining from scratch ingredients, these chewy and moist delicious brownies are a real crowd-pleaser. The addition of nuts and chocolate chips gives them a real crunch.
And while I didn’t add it, you can also add coconut.
From Scratch Blonde Brownie Ingredients
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- chopped nuts
- chocolate chips
- coconut (optional)
How to Make Blonde Brownies
Step 1 – In a stockpot, melt the butter and sugar over low to medium heat, stirring constantly. Once fully melted, set aside and let cool completely. Beat in an egg once completely cool.
Step 2 – In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the melted sugar mixture as well as the vanilla. Mix well. Add the nuts, chocolate chips, and optional coconut.
Step 3 – Spread into greased and lined 8×8 baking pan. Bake at 350˚F for 20 – 30 minutes. Cut when cool into small squares
Blonde Brownies Tips & Techniques
- Spray your baking pan with cooking spray and then add parchment paper to make it super easy to lift out the brownies and slice once cool.
- I did not add coconut as I’m not a fan, but if adding coconut I would add about 1/2 a cup.
- Not a fan of nuts, you can leave those out as well. This is totally customizable based on what you like.
- I used pecans for this recipe, you can use whatever nuts you prefer.
More Dessert Recipes
Blonde Brownies with Nuts & Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup coconut optional
- In a stock pot, melt the butter and sugar over low to medium heat, stirring constantly. Once fully melted, set aside and let cool completely. Beat in an egg once completely cool.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the melted sugar mixture as well as the vanilla. Mix well. Add the nuts, chocolate chips and optional coconut.
- Spread into greased and lined 8x8 baking pan. Bake at 350˚F for 20 - 30 minutes. Cut when cool into small squares.