Peeps S’mores dip is a twist on a traditional favorite dessert, made with a layer of melted chocolate topped with colorful peeps, then baked in the oven. Prepare in 5 minutes and bake for 5 minutes!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Is A Must Make
I was looking for something special to make for Easter that is easy to pull together because we’ll be traveling. Taking similar ingredients to the ever-popular s’mores dip I’ve shared, I decided to try it with peeps!
- A colorful dessert you can customize with any type of peep!
- Bake in the oven for only 5 minutes!
- Easy to make with kids’ help.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
This recipe comes together with super simple ingredients.
- Peeps – I prefer marshmallow chicks in various colors. Easter bunnies would work as well.
- Chocolate – Hershey’s chocolate bars broken into rectangles worked great with this recipe. You need enough to create a base layer in whatever baking pan you decide to use.
- Graham Crackers – You will use the crackers to dip into the melted peeps and chocolate to create the perfect s’more!
Variations & Substitutions
- Use pretzels, saltine crackers, or salted chips to dip out the peeps and chocolate. It adds a little saltiness to the sweetness.
- You can use any marshmallow-based product for the top. Try clover or green marshmallows for St. Patrick’s day or flower marshmallows for the summer. The possibilities are endless!
- Use a variation of the chocolate to create a unique flavor. Add peanut butter chocolate, or white chocolate to change the taste without sacrificing the look.
Step by Step How to Make Peeps S’mores
Before getting started, select a shallow baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 450˚ F.
- Layer the chocolate in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with various peeps. Make sure to cover the entire baking dish.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the peeps just start to expand and brown.
- Serve immediately, and dip graham crackers into the melted peeps and chocolate.
Don’t over bake. You will notice that the peeps start to crack and expand. This is letting you know that they are heated completely. You can pull out and test the chocolate, by running a knife in the middle to see if the chocolate has melted.
Use a small baking dish. Because this is best served hot, use a smaller baking dish. If you’re serving a crowd, you can bake another batch very easily.
This does not make leftovers. Once the chocolate is cooled, it’s very hard to serve. Make only as much as you need.
More Melted Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic chocolate and peanut butter dessert
- The Microwave Easy Way to Make Chocolate-Covered Pretzels – so easy and easily made festive!
- Butter Pecan Turtle Cookie Bars – melted chocolate is the star on top of this delicious recipe
Peep Smores Dip
- 10 oz chocolate bars
- 20-25 bird peeps
- 1 box graham crackers
- Prep: Preheat oven to 450˚ F and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer chocolate in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top chocolate with peeps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the chocolate has melted and the tops of the peeps are slightly brown. Serve immediately with graham crackers.